Sunday, February 8, 2009

猫の時間 Neko no Jikan!

Today I went to Osaka with a fellow ALT, who works at the same school as I do, only on a different day.

We went to a cat cafe, where you pay a 1,050 yen to hang out with cats for an hour and enjoy a drink. You can doodle in guest books, flip through cat photography books, and do various other cat-related things.

Photobucket

The cats are friendly, but they won't come and sit in your lap. I mean, they're cats, right? What did you expect? This guy just sat on the bookshelf with his face in the corner.

Photobucket

I was unfortunate enough to be stuck in the doorway between the cafe and the cat room when the owners decided it was feeding time and suddenly I was in the middle of a cat stampede. Imagine that scene in LotR where Arwen rescues Frodo by summoning those river horses (no, not hippos, you know what I mean) to drown the Nazgul. Yeah, it was like that.

Altogether a good time. The longhairs were real friendly and it was great to watch the cats jump around and cause a little bit of mischief.

I think I'll have to check out the dog cafe sometime soon.

3 comments:

CLIFF'sBlog said...

you're not kidding are you?! Cliff feels for the kitty in the corner feeling exploited like that

Unknown said...

Maybe kitty was thinking, "#$@% here they are again, what do I do? I am not in the mood to be friends."

Rachel Rausch Johnson said...

really? i coulda charged for that? we lost an opportunity here when we had three cats...