Monday, February 23, 2009

It's like I never left home

Two Sundays ago the temperature was in the 60s and it was glorious

Photobucket

Three wishes:
1. Bird would give me a moment to grab my camera,
2. I had a camera that could handle more distance and I knew how to use it,
3. I had a decent guide to Japanese birds. The current one does not cut it.

Photobucket

Something is always in bloom in Hyogo.

Now the weather's back to being crummy, gloomy, rainy, and snowy.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I pass by this sign everyday that says キリストの再臨は近い! キリスト (kirisuto) and 近い(chikai, or "near") were the only two words I could read and I didn't know what kirisuto could be. It's in the katakana script, which is mostly reserved for foreign words. So for the longest time I thought the sign said something like "There is a crystal (kirisuto) shop nearby" or maybe "There is a crystal mine nearby". But about a month ago I was biking by it again and recognized the kanji 再, which sorta means "again" or "re-" and suddenly it all clicked!

First person to put it all together using only what's been written here gets Japanese sweet potato KitKats sent to them.

(Hint: kirisuto =/= crystal, の = 's (possessive))

4 comments:

Jason said...

"Christ has arisen?"

Joslyn said...

You're half-way there.

Unknown said...

Church of Christ nearby?

Unknown said...

Christian Church