Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kogenji Temple 高原時

Another post? There are more to come today! I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Photobucket

It is fall and the leaves finally changed about a week or two ago. The ginkgos are all brilliant and have been for a while. The maples (momiji) just turned red this week. Persimmons hang in naked trees and from drying racks throwing a bit of orange into the mix.

Photobucket

There's still a fair bit of green out there, though. Mornings are a little overcast, but the days have been sunny and surprisingly warm.

Photobucket

Today I biked to Kogenji Temple, which is a popular place to view autumn leaves for 300yen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The three-story temple there is quite old (about a thousand years old, I think).

I'd been to the temple grounds before (though never all the way up to the pagoda). It's nice in the fall, but I much prefer it during the summer when everything is rich and green. I'll have to visit in the winter, too.

No comments: