Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Answers

Show me pictures of your car! and if my bike can fit in it.

Photobucket

It's a little Daihatsu Mira K-car. About 10 years old, I think? The back seats fold down. Perhaps if you take a wheel off I could fit it in there. I'd have to check it out with my bike.

My bike is a hand-me-down from my predecessor and probably her predecessor, too. It's a mama chari. It has two speeds: slow and stop. It doesn't like hills. I mostly use it for shopping.

public transportation.
chopsticks: do they have forks anywhere?
maybe what you know about the government?
is it weird to pay 10000 yen for like a banana?

Forks are plentiful. All I could tell you about the government is what I heard a few months ago. Basically, the last prime minister Yasuo Fukuda resigned and Taro "one culture, one civilization, one language, and one ethnic group" Aso took his place. The Liberal Democratic Party has been in power in Japan for nearly all of the post-war period. Both Fukuda and Aso are LDP members.
That banana had better be made of gold if it's going for 10,000 yen. In the summer bananas were about 300-400 yen for 4-5 bananas, I think...?

As for public transportation, there isn't too much and it's pretty expensive. Trains are pretty fairly priced, but buses charge you according to how far you travel. For example, it costs me about 1,800 yen to go from Osaka to Kaibara ( 2.5 hours of travel). It costs me 800 yen to go from Aogaki to Kaibara by bus (45 minutes). It's much better if you're in a more populated area. Taxis are killer: 4,500 yen from Kaibara to Aogaki (30 minutes).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your last two posts, I've been waiting...
<3 and miss you everyday sis!
Did you do anything for thanksgiving? What do you want for christmas? I already have one good idea...

Fifi

Jason said...

yes, i check your blog occasionally, joslyn! poor i am at keeping in touch with a severe load this semester, but i shall do so in a week or two. love the stories, pics, plant/animal interests! thanks!